Sunday, May 19, 2013

Midnight on Pear Pond

I'm pleased to present the second piece in my new series: Pears, a Study in Shape.

It is entitled: Midnight on Pear Pond.

Midnight on Pear Pond measures 30x40 inches.
Here are a few close-ups.

I'm pleased with how it turned out. It is really different.

Just like Pear Possibilities, the finished product is far from my initial vision. In fact, I don't think that Midnight on Pear Pond really had an initial vision. I just kept trying to fix my mistakes until it finally morphed into something that I liked. Does that make sense?

I've got two more pieces in mid-create so hopefully, I'll have more to share next week.

Until then!



Heidi said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the colors. What do you use to create the texture?

Penny B. said...

I agree with Heidi, this is a gorgeous piece! I love how unique it is, and I totally get what you are saying. I've been experimenting with acrylics and right now it's just one play session after another until I get something I'm happy with.